WELCOME TO THE SECOND EDITION OF
THE HOLLAND ELITE HOCKEY CUP U12
After a highly successful first edition that featured 14 teams from various countries, we’re thrilled to invite your team to the second edition of the Holland Elite Hockey Cup U12 for girls. On behalf of Sjoerd Marijne (FIH Coach of the Year 2021) and Raoul Ehren (14 national championships with HC Den Bosch and current Coach of Belgium women’s national team), we extend this invitation for your team to compete on March 31st and April 1st, 2024.
This is a golden opportunity for your players to gain invaluable international experience. The tournament is organized by Holland Elite Sports Agency, who are known for putting together elite sporting events. Due to the tremendous interest in the event, we recommend registering as early as possible.
Age Category, Dispensation & Age Control
This U12 girls’ tournament is open to players born after 01.01.2011. Dispensation will be offered for up to 3 players who are one year over the age limit, but only a maximum of 2 can play at the same time. Age verification will be conducted at various points throughout the tournament.
Matches will consist of 2 halves of 20 minutes each. All teams are set to play 6 matches in the span of 2 days, on our water based pitches.
Who May Participate
Our tournament is a top-level competition. Teams participating should be from the highest or second highest level of their country. We do not accept lower level teams in our tournament.
Number of Teams in the Tournament
We can only allow 16 girls Hockeyteams in the Den Bosch International Tournament. Our goal is to have 4 groups of 4 teams. Every group has a top team.
When Does the Registration Open
Preregistration is currently open for teams that participated in our last edition. Starting September 1st, registration will open for other teams as well. We aim to finalize the tournament lineup by the end of February 2024.
Accommodation will be provided at 4-star hotels in the Den Bosch region. Options include single, twin, triple, and quadruple rooms. Please note that quadruple rooms are only available at one hotel. We will consider your hotel preference, but the final decision will be ours.
Transfers (Airport & Tournament)
Prices do not include transfers. If required, your team can book an airport transfer as well as tournament transfers. Please be advised that tournament hotels are not located within walking distance from the tournament venues, making transfers necessary.
We offer tournament packages for stays of 1 and 2 nights. Should your team be interested in staying longer, we can assist with that. Previous teams have extended their stay for tournament preparation, with custom packages including training sessions and friendly matches.
Upon booking, teams will receive 2 invoices. The first one, covering 25% of the total booking amount, is due within 8 days of the invoice date. The second payment, covering the remaining 75% of the total booking amount, should be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Due to the high level of our tournaments, team cancellations within the last 3 months are not accepted, meaning all fees paid are non-refundable.
Teams are expected to arrange their own insurance.
Other questions please contact us:
- The tournament will be played in accordance with the KNHB rules.
- The games will be led by tournament referees.
- All the participating teams need to hand in, before the tournament starts, a list with the full names, date of birth and the rear number of each player, at the tournament committee.
- All players must play with the same rear number during the tournament.
- The duration of the games is 2×20 minutes.
- Each team is committed to let the game start on time. If a team is not available within 5 minutes of the stated time the opponent will be called out as the winner. The final score will be 3-0.
- Referees are responsible for the match ball.
- Teams will enter the pitch during the entrance tune and line-up before shaking hands. Only on Pitch 1 and 3 at the same time.
- The AWAY team will provide alternate uniforms if there is a colour conflict. The away team is the team listed second on the schedule. The referee shall have final say on colour conflicts.
- The tournament starts in 4 groups of 4 teams.
- Almost all games will be played on water based pitches.
- All teams are set to play 6 matches in the span of 2 days, on our water based pitches.
- The numbers 1 and 2 from each group will play through a semi-final and a final for position 1 through 4 .
- The numbers 3 from each group play through a next round for finals at position 5 through 6.
- The numbers 4 from each group play through a next round for finals at position 7 through 8.
- The numbers 5 from each group play through a next round for finals at position 9 through 10.
- The numbers 6 from each group play through a next round for finals at position 11 through 12.
- The scores during group matches are 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for the losing team.
- If two or more teams have an equal score in the group, the most wins will decide who the winner is. If that is also equal the goal balance will point out the winner. When this is also equal the team with most scored goals wins. When no winner can be appointed, each team will take 3 shoot-outs by different players. Followed by shoot-outs taken by turn, until the decision is made.
- Shoot-outs will be taken according to the Dutch shoot-out regulations.
- Before each shoot-out, each trainer will hand in a list with five players in the right order towards the referee.
- The winner of the shoot-outs series will be awarded 1 point, therefore receives a total of 2 points. The losing team will remain with 1 point.
- When a game in the cross final ends equal each team will take 3 shoot-outs by different players. Followed by shoot-outs taken by turn, until the decision is made.
- When a player receives a green card she has a penalty of 2 minutes. She is not allowed on the bench of the team, the referee will appoint a place on the penalty bench.
- If a player receives a yellow card during a game she has a penalty of 5 minutes. She is not allowed on the bench of the team, the referee will appoint a place on the penalty bench.
- If a player receives a second yellow card during a game he/she must leave the game immediately and sit out the next game that the team has to play.
- Any player who receives a red card during a game must leave the game immediately and will sit out the next game that the team has to play.
- When a Player receives two yellow cards during the tournament she needs to sit out the next game that the team has to play
- For the best player/goalkeeper is a price available. Tournament management will decide which player/goalkeeper ends as the best player of the tournament.
- The Tournament Committee will resolve all situations not covered by these rules.